High Frequency Energy For Thermoforming
Client objective: to efficiently use high-frequency energy to thermoform bends in a variety of thermoplastic engineering polymers for high volume production with minimal degradation of the initial properties of the material. Product being formed is extruded tubing with 1 to 6 layers.
Material details: the layer(s) in the tubing to be formed may include:
2. Pa12 with carbon black for electro-static dissipation
7. Etfe with carbon black for electro-static dissipation
10. Ppa with carbon black for electro-static dissipation
consultant services required:
1. Explain the interaction of hf energy with polymers in sufficient detail to permit the client objective can be achieved. At this time there is some flexibility on specific material grades, and on the hf energy parameters.
2. Consultant would be expected to visit the client’s facility in either:
a. Indiana, usa
3. Provide product and process recommendations to achieve the client objective.
A. Cost feasible / competitive
b. “process” stable (easy to control)
c. Consider concurrent engineering; explore all process and product design alternatives.
4. Follow through on product and process revisions to ensure the client objective was met.
5. All details of this application are to be treated as confidential.
6. Any inventions resulting from this work will be available for the exclusive use of the client.+16 Other Responses
Food packaging expert needed for small fudge business. We have been in business quite a while, but we're bored with the same old packaging we use. Our customers are looking for deep plastic containers instead of the shallow ones we already use. Thank you.+8 Other Responses
Paper & Plastic Packaging In Foodservice
Description/ need: to understand the market dynamics (market size and consumption pattern) and competitive landscape (top competitors and market share) for paper and plastic packaging products for foodservice industry in the us
focus products: cold cups; hot cups; lids; paper cylindrical food container; punnets; paper wraps; clamshells; folding carton; paper bags; plates and bowls; cutlery
focus food service industries: full service restaurants (casual dining; fine dining); quick service restaurants; retail; education; heathcare; others (includes pubs, clubs & bars; travel and leisure; accommodation; military; refreshment centres; etc.)
number of experts: 3-4
geography: united states
manufacturers: pactiv; dart/ solo; graphic packaging international; westrock; georgia pacific; genpak; southern champion; double h; stanpac; anchor packaging; sabert; sonoco; fabri-kal; charlotte packaging; sonoco; huhtamaki
distributors: bunzl distribution; bsi biodegradable solutions; veritiv; wcp solutions; ebpsupply solutions; gordon foodservice; pfg
expert job titles: sales head; operations; marketing manager; business development; vp; cxo level expert expected to have experience and full understanding of foodservice packaging in the us
key questions: please note that the questions below are indicative in nature to conduct the screening process of the potential experts
1) in terms of total volume and adoption rates, what is the size of each of the target packaging products within the foodservice industry across the us in 2019? How has it evolved since 2015?
2) how has the market changed post the outbreak of covid-19 in terms of adoption rates? (indicative % change for 2020)
3) going forward, how do you expect the market to shape up (recover/ fall) by 2025? (indicative % change), and in the long term (2030)?
4) what will be the key tailwinds / headwinds for the market, in short term (till 2022), medium term (2025), and long term (2030)?
5) what is the typical (min / avg / max) pricing for the target products? How has been the impact of pandemic on pricing? (increased / stable / decreased)? Roughly what has been the % change in pricing over 2019 and 2020? What is the average price of the most popular sku in each of the focus products?
6) who are the key entities involved in the industry value chain? What are their key roles and responsibilities?
7) can you provide us indicative volume flow of packaging materials across the value chain for the target products?
8) in terms of competitive market structure, is the foodservice packaging market consolidated or fragmented across each of the focus product categories in the us?
9) who are some of the leading players of foodservice packaging across each of the focus product categories in the us and what is the approximate market share?
10) for the leading players, can you provide us insights under following headers?
O operating/ business model adopted
o scale of operations and distribution model adopted
o services offered across value chain
o change in business model to combat covid-19 shocks. (products, end-customers, others)+38 Other Responses