Small Hydro Turbine Market
Market size and demand forecast of small hydro turbines(below 20 mw) in mw (2017-2024) by region:
1. North america
2. South america
4. Middle east & africa
5. Asia pacific
also, list of existing, upcoming and pipelined small hydropower projects for each region.+13 Other Responses
Solutions for power generation by pure renewable means. Range 10kw to 30kw, non intermittant.
Looking for solutions, 10 to 30 kw standalone power generation by pure renewable means
please highlight case studies.
1. Mobile towers
2. Mills, factories operating power tooling machines, hoists and cranes - industrials
3. Agriculture - water pumping, deep borewells, borewell drilling platforms, food processing units
4. Information technology - data centers, air conditioning
5. High rise building housing corporate offices - elevators
today's solutions -
1. Diesel generator sets. Not so green, noise and air pollution.
2. Use a micro turbine running on biofuel, slightly greener
3. Big bang migration (uproot) of existing infra (motors and machines) to dc power or reengineering the internals
4. Hydrogen based. Reforming gas or rain water electrolysis for production using solar/wind power. Storage in existing gas/propane tanks. Finally fuel cells or ice for electricity generation. Fuel cells - can they take the high drain load ? Low fuel cell stack life and high replacement costs. Could not find hydrogen ice vendor.
5. There is no water stream. Pumped and stored hydro was explored. Most of the vendors expect 25 liters per sec force of water, even for smallest pico hydro. Discharge time is too fast, 200 seconds, few minutes. Lasting for at least 4-8 hours looks diffcult.
We studied pumped and stored hydro. Present water turbines expect 25-30 liters per second flow pressure. This works out to 360,000 liters for 4 hours and around 720,000 liters for 8 hours. Solar water pumps available here can pump upto maximum of 160 feet only, this limits kw needed to just about 8-9 kw. We will need 6 of them since their daily limit is 125,000 liters only - given good sunlight conditions. Building storage tanks at that height involves considerable real estate, civil works and costs.
6. Biogas - good for cooking a meal. Capturing the amount of methane needed to last hours through anerobic digestion is the issue. Procuring methane or biomass fuel turned out to be very expensive.+12 Other Responses