Australian Trucking Industry
I need market information on the trucking industry in australia. Specifically, require details on revenues, pricing trends, cost structures, contract models, yard services and supplier landscape. Require this information separately for ftl, ltl and intermodal.
Request relevant experts to reach out. +3 Other Responses
North America Trucking Market
I am currently working on a new request received from a large cpg (consumer packaged goods) company based out of north america. Cpg company got an update from multiple carriers that trucking capacity is expected to shrink by some large percentage from september 2020 in north america due to multiple reasons such as small and local trucking companies going out of business due to late payments or limited demand from the market. They wanted to gather data points to re-confirm capacity scenario in q3 or q 4 2020 if there is going to be a capacity crunch, what are the major reasons/scenarios for those capacity shrinkages.
1. In 2019, the supply of dry van trucks was marginally higher than the available freight demand, and it resulted in a drop in freight rates. To achieve the optimal balance of supply and demand in 2020, some of the largest truckload operators cull excess capacity from their fleet, which increased the freight rates very marginally in jan 2020. However, due to the outbreak of covid-19 truck capacity and the available truck drivers have plunged severely and resulted in a moderate drop in the overall supply in march and april 2020
2. We are expecting that us long haul truckload market could experience a capacity shortage in the second half of 2020 mainly because of the below factors;
a. Increase in shortage of truck drivers
b. Unavailability of trucking services due to an increase in bankruptcies
c. In 2019, many trucking companies did not invest much in the purchase of new trucks. This trend could result in the supply-demand imbalances
i am looking for expert support in the below areas:
1. To provide quantitative analysis and data points for the expected shortage of supply in q3 and q4 2020.
2. To identify the shortage of supply by major regions in the us
3. Major factors that could lead to the closing of trucking businesses in the us (this study includes the study of bank loans to the carriers, interest rates, financial analysis, etc. Which we need your support in finding the right sources)
4. Analyzing the trucking businesses and the major constraints in continuing the business
5. What type of carriers are in the risk zone (2pl, 3pl or 4pl)
please let me know your thoughts and respond to me as soon as possible.
+12 Other Responses
B2c Ecommerce Cross Border Shipping
I am looking for a subject matter expert in b2c ecommerce cross border shipping.
This person will have a firm understanding of common vendors used, for services and value added components such as currency conversions and handling of duties and taxes. The regions of highest importance include the eu, canada and mexico.+22 Other Responses