We would like to set up a call with a uranium industry expert about cameco corporation (ccj). Ccj is the world’s second largest uranium producer, covering mining, refining, conversion & fuel manufacturing. We’d like to mainly cover these areas:
1. Situation in japan (restarting of shut down power plants post-fukushima)
2. Demand – supply gap of uranium: short-term and long-term outlook & market
3. Uranium market & the pricing – spot price vs. Lt price
4. Chinese nuclear program (construction plans, need for uranium, plans to become third-party-independent by operating their own mine)
5. Em overview & us nuclear market (shutting down some power plants – secular trend)?
6. Global energy mix and the role of nuclear energy – lt outlook
7. Industry trends (4th generation of nuclear reactors – efficacy & safety issues)
8. Cameco related questions – we would like to talk to someone who is familiar not only with the uranium market but with ccj itself. We want to get more color on their business model & ongoing tax litigation+undefined Other Responses
Nuclear Energy Industry
I would like to request for a telephonic interview to talk about the russian federation and the republic of south africa signing an intergovernmental agreement on strategic partnership in nuclear energy and industry on the margins of the 58th sesseion of the international atomic energy agency general conference.+4 Other Responses
Radiation Safety Officer
Manager, senior health physicist - rso (radiation safety officer)
~chelmsford, ma area~
experience in a manufacturing environment is highly desired.
the purpose of this position is to manage the routine and non-routine day to day activities of our client's radiation protection program (rp program) and rp program staff members by providing technical expertise, experience, and regulatory knowledge in support of radiological operations throughout the business, in compliance with radioactive materials regulations, license conditions, and company policy requirements.
Perform managerial duties and prepare, forecast, and monitor rp program budget and operational expenses. Develop new and implement new and existing radiation safety programs for ionizing radiation sources.
This position serves as the subject matter expert for the rp program and has the authority to enforce radiological policies and procedures regarding radiation safety and regulatory compliance in the use and handling of radioactive materials. The position objective is to ensure the radiological safety of employees, contractors, and members of the public, through the safe manufacturing, testing and distribution of radioactive product in compliance with federal, state and local radiation safety regulations.
- masters degree in health physics/radiological sciences from accredited college and certification by the american board of health physics .
- 3-5 years of direct health physics experience, preferably within a complex manufacturing or research environment.
- comprehensive knowledge of health physics and radiation protection theory and practice for the use of radioactive material.
- strong communication skills to effectively communicate problems and solutions to workers and management, both orally and in writing: and maintain positive and effective interpersonal relations. Experience in delivering focused customer service to all levels within the business environment.
- effectively integrate activities across multiple areas by generating consensus-based decisions and using influence with multiple high level managers within various organizations. Effective utilization of stakeholder engagement at the worker level, up to and including vice president and president/ceo level.
- considerable ability to work on issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth knowledge of business trends and organizational objectives.
- demonstrated strong supervisory skills through direct personal experience.
- proficiency with microsoft office suite software, database development and management, and utilization of radiological sciences-specific software and utilization of complex mathematical formulas.
- proficient in the operation and use of common radiation detection instruments and laboratory-based radioanalytical instrumentation.
- ability to perform and/or direct radiation safety work efforts under adverse radiological conditions.+2 Other Responses