Turkey Warehouse Market
One of our global client from fmcg industry is currently owning two warehouses in turkey. The facility located in istanbul is completely owned by them but managed by 3pl’s and another facility located near outskirts of istanbul is completely outsourced to 3pl’s.
Currently, the client is facing challenges with the increase in labor price due to inflation. With regards to this, we would like to understand the warehouse market in turkey by identifying the different warehousing sourcing models adopted by the industry peers when they engage with a 3pl and cost-saving opportunities adopted by peers.
• cost saving opportunity adopted by the peers
o contract negotiation practices
what are the types of sla’s and kpi are listed in open book contracts and closed book contracts and how are they used to control the inflation in labor cost?
how 3pl’s are motivated to control the labor costs? Is it covered under the contract and how is it being framed?
what are the opportunities available for buyers to negotiate with 3pl suppliers for labor cost increase?
O what are the innovations brought by 3pl’s in order to avoid labor price increase? How is it going to impact the industry?
• sourcing models: we would like to benchmark the most adopted sourcing models in fmcg and other industries in turkey. When do turkish companies own and when do they completely outsource? As per our understanding, local companies completely own built to suit warehouse with operations outsourced to 3pl’s and global companies generally outsourced the complete operations to 3pl’s +2 Other Responses
Security Guard Logistics In Warehouse Facilities
We are looking for experts who can discuss about subcontracting for security services (e.G., guards, etc.) at warehouse facilities.
This would be for a 1-hour phone consult. Please respond with a brief background as to your relevance to this space and your short answers to the following:
1. Can you discuss the market conditions and outlook such as key trends, drivers, growth outlook, and market segmentation?
2. Can you discuss the competition such as key players, their strategies, product lines, price points, and points of differentiation?+22 Other Responses
We are looking to do multiple paid phone consultations with facilities managers or property managers. Our ideal candidate is someone who manages but also buys/maintains hvac and/or dehumidification units for these warehouses. We also have a strong preference for an fm/pm that is part of the decision making process for this hvac or dehumidification equipment and/or energy consultants or energy optimization services.
We also need mechanical engineers who specialize in or have significant experience in designing temperature- or climate-controlled warehouses, specifically with a focus on the design of the hvac and/or humidity control systems. The ideal candidate is either a consultant or works in-house at a specialty architecture design firm. The candidate should play a key role in the decision making process for selecting equipment for projects, and have extensive knowledge of clients' needs and specifications for temperature-controlled or climate-controlled storage.
To demonstrate your relevance, please consider briefly answering the questions:
for facilities manager or property manager:
1. Can you share your experience in day-to-day operations on climate-controlled warehouses and what is your minimum weekly on-site visit?
2. What is your influence in decision-making for hvac or dehumidification equipment and/or energy consultants or energy optimization services?
For mechanical engineers:
1. Can you share your experience as a mechanical engineer and your significance in designing temperature- or climate-controlled warehouses?
2. What is your influence in the decision-making process for selecting equipment for projects and specifications for temperature-controlled or climate-controlled storage?+15 Other Responses
Nigeria Warehouse Market
Looking for someone experienced in the nigeria warehouse market:
key focus areas - understanding the key cities in nigeria used for distribution, pricing models most used and indicative rates, labour rates for wh.
Any special requirements for hazardous cargo and do they attract a premium rates.
Looking forward for experts who are present in nigeria and has a deep understanding of nigerian logistics market.+3 Other Responses
Warehouse Management System - Vendor Or End-user
Our firm requires multiple experts on warehouse management system specifically the food & beverage (refrigerated warehouses) vertical.
We are interested in obtaining insights from 2 perspectives:
a. From a wms vendor to discuss market opportunity (both enterprise and smb) in the us moving forward (tam), market growth (new warehouse sites seeking a wms/existing warehouses looking to upgrade systems)and market penetration as a whole as well as the typical sales process in this space.
B. From potential end-users to share insights on the decision-making process in choosing wms, preferred functionalities, buying decisions (ie c-suite vs warehouse operator) and the weight or focus on price vs. Functionality.
This would be for a 1-hour paid phone consultation.
To demonstrate your relevance in this space, please consider answering the questions below with yes/no or a few brief statements.
1. Briefly, can you share the level or extent of your experience in this space in relation to your previous/current role?
2. Would you be able to speak about the competitive landscape of the wms market (ideally food & bev) as it currently stands, including the differences between on-prem, cloud-based, and inventory management solutions?
3. (for potential end-users only)
3a.Has your company purchased and/or installed a wms system within the past 5 years?
3b. Were you involved in the process of wms vendor selections?
4. (for wms vendors)
4a. Have you directly sold into the food & beverage or cold storage warehousing market within the past 3 years?
**please note that we are only interested in your personal point of view and are not seeking confidential information.
***referrals are highly appreciated+14 Other Responses
Warehouse Distribution And Logistics
Need an expert in warehousing logistics to evaluate a major corporation's procedures in evaluating the competence of its 3rd party warhouseman's operations+28 Other Responses
Hong Kong Distribution & Warehouse Labor Costs
we are currently conducting a study for a client on the distribution center and warehouse labor cost in hong kong and with respect to this we would like to understand the following information:
1. Labor availability in hong kong
2. Wages for each level of labors
3. Cost involved in benefits (eg - meals, logistics, social security, taxes, insurance and other general benefits)
4. Labor wages trend and forecast
5. Related regulations+12 Other Responses
We are looking for expert to help us understand warehouse scenarios in nordic region, following are our key questions.
1 we would like to have an overview of industrial warehousing scenario like size, growth rate, etc. In nordic region specifically in denmark, norway and sweden?
2 the industrial & logistic real estate in the nordic region has been stable compared to other european regions. In this stable position has the warehouse market witnessed any particular growth or corrections in the nordic regions?
3 has the nordic market been getting any new investments in the warehouse sector which is driving the growth and altering the rental and vacancy rates?
4 based on our research we have understood that build to suit has the been the prevailing warehouse practice in europe in the past few years, are there any other prevalent engagement models practiced in the nordic region and why?
5 can your give us an understanding on the segmentation of warehousing space take up based on the end user industry like fmcg, pharma, retail and others. We would like to have estimated percentage in this segmentation and any particular changes happening in this region.
6 can you give us an overview of the technological adoption in the warehouse segment of this region.+3 Other Responses
Warehouse Management Systems (3pl)
We are interested in two types of advisors:
• the first is industry consultants / advisors who serve the industry and can speak broadly about the warehousing landscape and usage of third party logistics software.
• the second is executives at major warehouse management system software companies who can speak about the competitive landscape. For this portion, higher-ups (ceos, cfos, coos) as well as business development titles would be relevant.
- can you describe the decision process 3pls use when deciding whether or not too use a warehouse management system, and which one?
- can you discuss questions related to the market for warehouse management systems? For instance, how many applicable 3pls there are; how this number segments by number of warehouses operated; how usage rates of warehouse management systems differs by 3pl size, etc.
- can you discuss pricing for various wms systems and how prices are trending?
- can you discuss growth in the wms market and describe what is driving it? I.E. Adoption, pricing growth, existing users adding new modules, etc.?
- can you speak about the competitive landscape for warehouse management systems and give an overview of the major providers?
+26 Other Responses
Warehouse Market In Japan
We are currently working on a study on the warehouse market in japan and we are looking for the following information:
1. Storage cost benchmarks across the region (nagoya, tokyo and osaka)
2. Cost impact with respect to labor regulations in japan
3. Practices adopted in the contract for shrinkage allowance, scope of damages etc.
4. Salary benchmarks (skilled and unskilled labors) across east and west of japan
5. Warehouse operating cost structure(as a percentage of total) for components such as storage, mhe, labor, maintenance, insurance and others
+3 Other Responses
Germany Warehouse Market - Agrochemical
We are currently working on a project to understand the warehousing industry in germany for pesticides (chemicals) involving storage in pallets and we are looking for the following
• germany warehouse market overview – industry size, demand drivers and growth rate trend from 2013 to 2017
• major warehouse locations in germany for storing pesticides (chemicals)
• current warehouse market for dangerous goods(pesticides) and the current absorption of warehouse space by agro chemical industries across the key logistics locations in germany
• warehouse supply & demand dynamics
• rental rates and vacancy rates outlook for 2018
• cost structure analysis and impactful cost drivers with outlook of 2018
• warehouse labor wage analysis
please advise if you have the right expertise on the subject project to proceed further so that i can come up with detailed list of questions.
+3 Other Responses
Warehouse And Distribution In Mexico
we are looking for experts who can provide insights on the following queries:
industry : warehouse and distribution
pharma grade warehouse - storage costs in mexico city and guadalajara
ambient & hazmat storage cost in mexico city and guadalajara
typical warehouse operating cost structure in mexico
please let us know
thanks+4 Other Responses