Turkey Warehouse Market
One of our global client from fmcg industry is currently owning two warehouses in turkey. The facility located in istanbul is completely owned by them but managed by 3pl’s and another facility located near outskirts of istanbul is completely outsourced to 3pl’s.
Currently, the client is facing challenges with the increase in labor price due to inflation. With regards to this, we would like to understand the warehouse market in turkey by identifying the different warehousing sourcing models adopted by the industry peers when they engage with a 3pl and cost-saving opportunities adopted by peers.
• cost saving opportunity adopted by the peers
o contract negotiation practices
what are the types of sla’s and kpi are listed in open book contracts and closed book contracts and how are they used to control the inflation in labor cost?
how 3pl’s are motivated to control the labor costs? Is it covered under the contract and how is it being framed?
what are the opportunities available for buyers to negotiate with 3pl suppliers for labor cost increase?
O what are the innovations brought by 3pl’s in order to avoid labor price increase? How is it going to impact the industry?
• sourcing models: we would like to benchmark the most adopted sourcing models in fmcg and other industries in turkey. When do turkish companies own and when do they completely outsource? As per our understanding, local companies completely own built to suit warehouse with operations outsourced to 3pl’s and global companies generally outsourced the complete operations to 3pl’s +2 Other Responses
We are looking to do multiple paid phone consultations with facilities managers or property managers. Our ideal candidate is someone who manages but also buys/maintains hvac and/or dehumidification units for these warehouses. We also have a strong preference for an fm/pm that is part of the decision making process for this hvac or dehumidification equipment and/or energy consultants or energy optimization services.
We also need mechanical engineers who specialize in or have significant experience in designing temperature- or climate-controlled warehouses, specifically with a focus on the design of the hvac and/or humidity control systems. The ideal candidate is either a consultant or works in-house at a specialty architecture design firm. The candidate should play a key role in the decision making process for selecting equipment for projects, and have extensive knowledge of clients' needs and specifications for temperature-controlled or climate-controlled storage.
To demonstrate your relevance, please consider briefly answering the questions:
for facilities manager or property manager:
1. Can you share your experience in day-to-day operations on climate-controlled warehouses and what is your minimum weekly on-site visit?
2. What is your influence in decision-making for hvac or dehumidification equipment and/or energy consultants or energy optimization services?
For mechanical engineers:
1. Can you share your experience as a mechanical engineer and your significance in designing temperature- or climate-controlled warehouses?
2. What is your influence in the decision-making process for selecting equipment for projects and specifications for temperature-controlled or climate-controlled storage?+15 Other Responses
Bottling Plant And Distribution Warehouse
we are gathering data for a distribution warehouse and a bottling plant. We would like to speak to an industrial engineer that has expertise with distribution warehouses and/or manufacturing plants to provide insights on what would be valuable information to gather and assess to optimize warehouse and/or plant efficiency.
We are looking for an industrial engineer with 10+ years experience in warehouse facilities management and/or manufacturing facilities management. Prefer us based/ english speaking.
elianny +7 Other Responses
Warehouse Market - Casablanca (morocco)
I am working on a project with respect to warehouse market in casablanca- morocco.
I would like to understand the following details regarding the project
1. Warehouse market overview -casablanca
2. Cost: storage cost per pallet and handling cost per pallet (in dirham)
3. Price trend in terms of storage and handling for the past five years.
Please respond with relevance to the request in order to have further discussion about the project+6 Other Responses
Warehouse Management System - Vendor Or End-user
Our firm requires multiple experts on warehouse management system specifically the food & beverage (refrigerated warehouses) vertical.
We are interested in obtaining insights from 2 perspectives:
a. From a wms vendor to discuss market opportunity (both enterprise and smb) in the us moving forward (tam), market growth (new warehouse sites seeking a wms/existing warehouses looking to upgrade systems)and market penetration as a whole as well as the typical sales process in this space.
B. From potential end-users to share insights on the decision-making process in choosing wms, preferred functionalities, buying decisions (ie c-suite vs warehouse operator) and the weight or focus on price vs. Functionality.
This would be for a 1-hour paid phone consultation.
To demonstrate your relevance in this space, please consider answering the questions below with yes/no or a few brief statements.
1. Briefly, can you share the level or extent of your experience in this space in relation to your previous/current role?
2. Would you be able to speak about the competitive landscape of the wms market (ideally food & bev) as it currently stands, including the differences between on-prem, cloud-based, and inventory management solutions?
3. (for potential end-users only)
3a.Has your company purchased and/or installed a wms system within the past 5 years?
3b. Were you involved in the process of wms vendor selections?
4. (for wms vendors)
4a. Have you directly sold into the food & beverage or cold storage warehousing market within the past 3 years?
**please note that we are only interested in your personal point of view and are not seeking confidential information.
***referrals are highly appreciated+14 Other Responses
Warehouse In Brazil
"we are in the process of studying the warehouse industry to identify the best practices and cost savings warehouse opportunity in brazil.
We are looking for subject expert for the following information's."
material handling and storage
1 what are the best solutions to handle bulk products, mid size and small cases in warehouse?
2 what are the existing industry guidelines to balance palletized vs. Bulk load
industrial best practices
1 what are the latest packaging trends which can improve cost saving?
2 mention recommendation to improve vehicle fill rate.
3 what are the trend on automation of warehouses and usage of automated guided vehicles (agv)?
1 what are the best practices to improve average lead time?
2 what are the best practices on usage of spot vs dedicated road fleet and practices on shipment planning frequency?
1 what are the parameters to measure warehouse productivity/ efficiency?
2 what are the practices for managing jit materials and own vs 3pl+15 Other Responses
My project is aimed at developing a reconfigurable mechanism for a new generation of automated warehouses, which are made from a series of simple modules with their inherent feature of scalability and reonfigurability for goodsâ storage and retrieval. The project will particularly investigate the potential applicability and configuration of a future generation automated distribution centre, in which items can be stored randomly at varying locations, i.E., the same type of item may have multiple locations. This novel design combines the mechanical system with an integrated warehouse control and management system using automatic identification and data capture techniques and other it techniques. Within such a warehousing system it can simultaneously deliver large numbers of items from storage modules to assigned collection points with minimal delay as possible. Computer design and or modelling simulation tools are required to be used for assisting the system design.+9 Other Responses
Warehouse And Distribution In Mexico
we are looking for experts who can provide insights on the following queries:
industry : warehouse and distribution
pharma grade warehouse - storage costs in mexico city and guadalajara
ambient & hazmat storage cost in mexico city and guadalajara
typical warehouse operating cost structure in mexico
please let us know
thanks+4 Other Responses
Warehouse Market In Japan
We are currently working on a study on the warehouse market in japan and we are looking for the following information:
1. Storage cost benchmarks across the region (nagoya, tokyo and osaka)
2. Cost impact with respect to labor regulations in japan
3. Practices adopted in the contract for shrinkage allowance, scope of damages etc.
4. Salary benchmarks (skilled and unskilled labors) across east and west of japan
5. Warehouse operating cost structure(as a percentage of total) for components such as storage, mhe, labor, maintenance, insurance and others
+3 Other Responses
Warehouse Management Systems (3pl)
We are interested in two types of advisors:
• the first is industry consultants / advisors who serve the industry and can speak broadly about the warehousing landscape and usage of third party logistics software.
• the second is executives at major warehouse management system software companies who can speak about the competitive landscape. For this portion, higher-ups (ceos, cfos, coos) as well as business development titles would be relevant.
- can you describe the decision process 3pls use when deciding whether or not too use a warehouse management system, and which one?
- can you discuss questions related to the market for warehouse management systems? For instance, how many applicable 3pls there are; how this number segments by number of warehouses operated; how usage rates of warehouse management systems differs by 3pl size, etc.
- can you discuss pricing for various wms systems and how prices are trending?
- can you discuss growth in the wms market and describe what is driving it? I.E. Adoption, pricing growth, existing users adding new modules, etc.?
- can you speak about the competitive landscape for warehouse management systems and give an overview of the major providers?
+26 Other Responses
India Medical Warehouse
I am dg 7 ceo of central medical services society, ministry of health, new delhi. I am responsible for providing health sector goods to state governments under centrally sponsored schemes of the central government. I am required to set up by hiring 50 warehouses all over india, approximately one in each state for storage and distribution of medicines, vaccines, health sector goods. Need help in planning about size of warehouse, location, how to hire warehouses etc+7 Other Responses
Warehouse Rental And Rates In Bahrain
we are looking for industry professionals who can provide the follwing data in warehousing for bahrain, saudi and uae.
1. Warehouse rental and vacancy rates trend for past few years along with supply and demand scenario of each of the above countries+3 Other Responses