Wind Turbine Drivetrain
For a wind turbine drive train expert - why aren't the generator and other electrical components mounted at the base of the turbine for easier installation and maintenance? This would also reduce tower top weight. A right angle drive at the top driving a vertical drive shaft would work. This arrangement would be especially effective for offshore wind turbines.+1 Other Responses
Subject: wind turbines – control system (pid)
we are looking for the experts related to the field of control processes of wind turbines and have direct connections to manufacturers and operators of the wind turbines.
The purpose of this query is the introduction of a new generation “self-tuner” and “adaptive pid controller” software to the manufacturers and engagement in business talks, by getting access to this field through the industry experts.
We are a european proto-company that has developed and successfully tested (using test-bench) our software solutions for the pid controllers used in different automation processes. Our technology advantages are:
1) flawless functional process of the control object even during the unknown external perturbations
2) fast tuning time with no effect on object’s functional process
3) unique test signal creation and response signal filtering methods allowing to read the external perturbations
4) automated, high accuracy adjustments even during the control object’s deterioration over the period of time
5) self-tuning – no personnel assistance needed
at the moment we have already done some research in this field and have determined issues related to pi (pid) loop control (change of aerodynamics of the blades due to pollution, aging, debris etc.,) in wind turbines and the possibility to ensure maximum power harvesting using our new generation self-tuner pid.
Our aim is to find manufacturing and distribution partner for joint business development.
Cooperation model with an industry expert leaves an open ground for discussions. We are ready to welcome all kinds of cooperation models.
With best regards,
raivis+6 Other Responses