Sealing Solutions In Micro-trenching For Optical Fiber Cable
Description/need: to understand the different sealing solutions used in laying of fiber optics cable using micro-trenching technology.
Number of experts: 4
geography: us and canada
possible companies: at&t, verizon, centurylink, rogers, bell canada, corporate technology solutions, ppc, teraspan networks in, gca applied technologies, mpm construct, dufferin concrete
expert job titles: project manager, engineering head, operations manager
we are looking for expert having significant experience in purchase and contracting of laying of fiber optic cables through micro trenching technology who can give us an understanding of the overall market for micro trenching.
1) which are the top application areas of micro-trenching within the optical fiber application space?
2) who are the top players engaged in procuring and laying optical fiber cables using micro trenching technology in us and canada?
3) what are the advantages of micro trenching over other methods of laying optical fiber cables?
4) in terms of optical route miles, what will be the market for optical fiber cable in us and canada? What share will be through micro trenching ?
5) what kind of sealing solutions are prevalent for micro trenching? What are some of the key challenges with the same?+26 Other Responses
Fiber Conduit And Pole Capacity
We are looking to speak with multiple (a) telecom regulators, (b) fiber network engineers, and (c) fiber industry executives. We would particularly be interested in speaking with someone who knows the northern virginia market well.
This would be for a 1-hour paid phone consult. Please respond with a few brief statements to the topics below.
1. Are you familiar with fiber conduit and pole capacity in the northern virginia region? Please elaborate.
2. Can you speak to the incentives/limitations for a new provider to enter into the northern virginia cross-connect market? Please elaborate.
+10 Other Responses
Pole Attachment For Telecom Providers
We are performing market research on behalf of a firm who is interested in improving the pole attachment process for telecommunication providers.
telecommunication providers need to attach their own fibers and cables to existing utility poles in areas of coverage. However, it is a known issue nationwide that there are tensions in the attachment process between the telecom and utilities, who own the power poles. We are interested in understanding ways to improve the pole attachment process for telecoms.
we are specifically interested in understanding:
1.Pain points in the pole attachment process between a telecom and a utility
2.Pole renting vs ownership benefits
3.Concerns with responsibilities such as pole replacements, maintenance, safety, and installation from the point of view of the telecom
4.Potential improvement areas +7 Other Responses