Looking for a Russian language expert
A senior Russian speaking finance executive with considerable international management and financial experience gained in diverse industries with emphasis on fundraising, controlling and performance enhancement in diverse positions. Hands on, with scrupulous attention to detail and thoroughly experienced in enhancing the strategic development of the organisation by providing solid finance and systems support. Sarbanes Oxley reporting, Internal Audit, IAS, US GAAP, IFRS and RAAP. Strong international bias gained in the Former Soviet Union, Africa and the Middle East, with excellent people development and relationship skills.
EBRD – Moscow – Debt Review Team Leader Oct 2010 – Jul 2011
• Team Leader for Due Diligence and Risk Assessments in Agriculture, Oil and Gas and Power Generation
• Re-Evaluation of existing loans and partnerships, restructuring of relationship with other local and international borrowers
• Documentation and Accounting treatment of write downs and write offs
• Presentation of situation to BOD, and Country Management
• Instigation of legal action
FarmCap East – St Petersburg, Novgorod, Oryol and Kursk - CFO Aug 2007 – Nov 2010
• Capitalisation and financing of operations, restructuring of relationship with local and international Banking partners
• Establishing Finance, HR and IT Departments
• Due diligence of potential partners and opportunities.
• Establishing Fundraising documentation.
• Developed Financial, Cost and HR KPI Reporting, Budgetary and Business Planning.
Forth Ports – Management Consulting Sep 2006 – Jan 2007
• Dissolution of existing Joint Venture in St Petersburg and resolution of Local Tax Issues.
• Due diligence of potential partners in St Petersburg and Tallinn.
• Negotiated new Joint Venture.
• Established Legal entity and produced Charter Documents.
• Recruitment of Heads of Department for new Joint Venture.
• Preparing operations for a future IPO.
Kazmunigaz – Oil and Gas Major - Interim Chief Financial Officer Jun 2003 – Aug 2006
• Annual and quarterly financials prepared to IAS and US GAAP standards
• Establishing finance and systems departments, including the recruitment and training of staff.
• Project managed the installation of SAP R/3 accounting, nominal, inventory, purchase, fixed asset and sales ledgers; this was married to a locally compliant payroll package.
• Re-capitalisation and refinancing of operations, restructuring of relationship with local and international Banking partners.
• Development of policy and procedure manual and installation of controls (SOX compliant).
• Revenue increased from $ 1,2 Billion to $ 4,7 Billion with EBITDA rising from USD 155 Million to 1,75 Billion a 35 % uplift in Volumes (the balance being rising Oil and Gas Prices)
• Ensured that the rise in Revenues translated into a rise in Cash Flow.
• Mentoring local replacement and preparing organisation for IPO
KazakhAudioText –Chief Financial Officer Nov 2000 – Jun 2003
ELAZ-GM – General Motors JV - Chief Financial Officer Feb 1997 – Oct 2000
ALTEL – Kazakhstan’s Mobile Network - Chief Financial Officer Mar 1992 – Jan 1997
PwC Consulting – (Mainly Former Soviet Union) - Senior Consultant May 1988 – Feb 1992
Comtek – Cape Town, South Africa - Finance Director – Partner May 1981 – Mar 1988
Pym, Goldby – Accountants, UK and South Africa - Audit Manager Oct 1969 – Mar 1981
University of Boston – MBA, Financial Applications of Information Technology 1985
Newcastle Polytechnic – Associate, Institute of Management Accountants 1974
Newcastle University – BSc Economics, Mathematics (2:1) 1969
Looking for a Russian language expert
I am looking for a Consultant who can design, implement and advise on a project that involves transforming Organic Municipality wa...
There is a great potential in farming in Russia with vast farmable areas lying waste. I require a partner/investor to join me in d...
African famine Contribute to the Zintro Blog! I write the Zintro blog. I am looking for your expert opinion on the question below...