Looking for guidance for a start up product launch
SENIOR STRATEGY & BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT EXECUTIVE
Specialized Expertise in the Healthcare / Medical Device / Telecom Sectors
More than 15 years experience in the medical devices, healthcare and telecommunications industries. Unique multicultural background with demonstrated achievements in start-up, mid-market and Fortune 500 companies across four continents. Consistent track record of turning vision and strategy into bottom-line results, by driving profitable growth via product launch, go-to-market strategies and mergers & acquisitions. Proven strengths include organization, problem solving, analysis and innovation.
DANAHER CORPORATION (NYSE: DHR), Washington, DC 2007-2012
Global Fortune 200 science and technology conglomerate
Vice President of Strategic Development, SYBRON DENTAL SPECIALTIES (SDS), Orange, CA (2010-2012)
Led overall strategic development, planning and implementation, pre and post mergers and acquisitions (M&A), for $1B global dental devices corporation. Coached seven GMs and their respective teams to identify and capitalize on growth-accelerating business opportunities, including organic synergies, market adjacencies and new business lines.
• Tripled ROI of newly-acquired technology company by crafting an innovative SaaS (software-as-a-service) business opportunity that has potential to transform dental industry, projected to generate $200M+ in revenues over first 5 years.
• Uncovered growth breakthroughs forecasted to outperform industry growth rate by 50% in the next three years. Encouraged out-of-the-box thinking and innovative problem solving by implementing tools to help teams think more creatively and effectively.
• Led in-depth root cause analysis, identifying issues causing organizational misalignment between plan and execution of past years’ strategic initiatives. Implemented corrective measures addressing profit and loss (P&L), resource allocation, and competing priorities.
• Designed and executed shared resource services for voice of the customer (VOC), brand studies and IP maps that saved more than $150K in expenses and shortened turnaround time by five weeks.
• Commended for identifying and cultivating partnership opportunities, including joint ventures (JVs) and M&A targets.
Director of Marketing, AXIS DENTAL CORP., Dallas, TX (2007-2010)
Led all marketing strategies and initiatives, for a global manufacturer and wholesaler of dental instruments, including product development roadmaps, marketing communications, clinical affairs, revenue and lead generation programs and market share maximization via marketing analytics, with full P&L accountability. Managed nine-member team, reporting to company President.
• Championed three-year strategic plan that de-commoditized competitive environment through portfolio of growth initiatives, increasing sales 30% within first year to drive record-setting year-end revenues of $25M.
• Maximized marketing ROI while minimizing marketing spend. Cut annual expenditures in half, reducing annual marketing budget from $3M to $1.5M for three consecutive years while improving reach, response-rates, and campaign results.
• Innovated customer retention promotional campaigns that catapulted top-line revenues and improved gross margin by 450 bps within 12 months.
• Overhauled company training modules and materials (still in use today) to deliver acclaimed, highly-effective training programs for leadership and sales teams.
• Built motivated, empowered and accountable sales and marketing organization, reversing downward sales spiral and slashing staff turnover from 50% to 15%.
• Directed all phases of product lifecycle for both branded and private label products. Launched 12 new products within 18 months, exceeding sales goals by 140%.
• Implemented first-ever comprehensive pricing strategy, driving 400% gross profit improvement for total of $1.5M gross profit boost.
• Cultivated strategic relationships with vendors and led negotiations that added $2.5M to bottom line.
• Originated proprietary sales predictability models with +/-1% accuracy that improved company’s operational expense control
SOFER STRATEGIC CONSULTING, LLC, Fort Worth, TX 2004-2007
Consulting firm specializing in growth strategies for healthcare and medical device companies.
Developed marketing and business plans for medical device and healthcare companies in U.S. and overseas. Coached business owners on market segmentation, product differentiation, and business positioning strategies to gain market awareness, revenue growth, and competitive edge.
• Fueled 20% growth in patient flow and gross revenue (with correlating gains in market share) after equipping DFW orthopedic hospital with growth-enabling strategic plan.
• Designed multi-tiered branding plan for specialized Dallas-area hospital, significantly increasing hospital brand recognition and improving market positioning.
• Wrote marketing and business plan for new medical training facility in Dallas, elevating business from obscurity to establishing strong competitive edge.
• Secured $18M in funding by designing unique contract between Israeli medical device company and U.S. hospital for joint product development of early-stage implant.
• Advised on preparation of business plan that secured initial Series A funding for new medical implant device that firmly established start-up company.
MAZOR SURGICAL TECHNOLOGIES LTD., Caesarea, Israel 2003-2004
International surgical capital equipment and orthopedic medical devices startup.
Vice President of Marketing
Led strategy and implementation of all marketing programs, collateral, and initiatives for innovative medical device start-up. Established and built marketing department and capabilities “from the ground up,” including web site, marketing collateral, clinical papers, tradeshows, product launch, and all customer-facing brand awareness efforts.
• Identified, contracted and established four major European and American beta and reference sites to support product launch of new breakthrough technology (Mazor’s flagship SpineAssist™ Surgical Guidance System).
• Directed in-house and outside marketing staff in creating company brand, developing all marketing strategies/materials, and leading all communication activities.
• Led go-to-market of novel medical device product by negotiating international contracts throughout developed and emerging markets. Closed capital sales generating seven-figure revenues, establishing company as leading innovator in spine surgery.
ORTHOSCAN TECHNOLOGIES LTD., Yokneam I’lit, Israel 2002-2003
International orthopedic capital equipment medical devices startup.
Director of Sales
Established and built ten sales territories across western and central Europe, leading cross-functional team throughout sales cycle (including pre-sales, contract negotiations, post-sale installations, and on-site training activities). Interacted intelligently and credibly with surgeons and managed/advised distributor channel to help them achieve sales quotas and expand their customer base through ongoing training/presentations.
• Negotiated international contracts with European spine distributors, securing cash-flow sustaining company for two years.
• Grew company’s revenues by over 15% (exceeding goal) and elevated product visibility by presenting at sales training meetings, industry tradeshows and workshops.
• Strengthened product positioning by coordinating with Clinical Affairs and R&D teams, and contributing to clinical/scientific papers as well as clinical protocols and studies.
• Demonstrated strengths in articulating product benefits/value to prospects using financial-based selling tools.
NDS LTD. , subsidiary of News Corp (NYSE: NWS), Haifa, Israel 1996-2002
International, Fortune 500 turnkey software and hardware telecommunications company.
Strategic Marketing Manager
Established and remotely managed global competitive intelligence team, leading complex market research/analysis studies to enhance sales and marketing effectiveness.
• Formally recognized for outstanding performance through fast-track advancement. Promoted four times in six years, from Market Analyst to Strategic Marketing Manager.
• Expanded employees’ and decision makers’ knowledge base by coauthoring internal book on interactive television (still in use today) that helped improve strategic planning objectives to drive attainment of both short-range and long-term goals.
• Prepared three-to-five-year strategic plans and global go-to-market plans for European, Latin American, and Asia Pacific Rim markets, which directly led to 35% sales growth over two years (outperforming industry growth rate).
• Cultivated strong investor relations as active member of initial public offering IPO launch team. Far exceeded expectations, with company’s stock jumping 50% in six months.
• Master of Science in Management, Polytechnic New York University, Israeli Branch 2001
• Bachelor of Arts in Economics and Business Administration, Haifa University, Haifa, Israel 1993
Looking for guidance for a start up product launch
We are searching for a consumable product development expert. The product is a web cam sized sterile single use USB camera.
Subject : Korea(South Korea)Healthcare PR Industry. PR activities related to healthcare and pharmaceutical firms The insight on K...
The Zintro Blog needs you! I am looking for your expert opinion on the industry news below and a written response that is one to t...